Professor Ram Kumar Kakani Takes Charge as Director of IIM Raipur
Prof. Ram Kumar Kakani took charge from Prof. Bharat Bhasker as Director of the Indian Institute of Management Raipur, today. Prof. Bharat Bhasker has been instrumental in the growth of IIM Raipur during his tenure as the institute rose to 15th position in the NIRF ranking of B-schools in India.
Prof. Kakani has previously served as the Head of Center for Governance at IIM Kozhikode and has been consulted by India’s apex public administration institution, LBSNAA Mussoorie for their training needs assessment of IAS officers. Prof. Kakani was a faculty at XLRI Jamshedpur and has worked internationally as an academician in Denmark, Nigeria, Singapore, and UAE. Prof. Kakani has also served as the Director of the Government of India’s National Center for Leadership Development and Competency Assessment.
Commenting on the future plans of expansion and innovations on management education, Prof. Kakani shared the following:
- Enhance the quality of management education, elevating it and delivering it as a premium model,
- Enhance international linkages, attracting highly talented faculty of international standing and administrative colleagues to the Institute,
- Work closely with the Government towards strengthening its governance efficiency as well as effectiveness and also its various development as well as welfare programmes,
- Work closely with the Small and Medium Enterprises in Chhattisgarh towards turning them around and their reengineering;
- Launch new programmes on hitherto unexplored areas such as Mining Management, as Chhattisgarh is a mineral rich state and accounts for a large share in country’s mineral production.
Prof. Kakani started his professional career as a technocrat in the corporate sector and moved towards the higher education world, focusing on the field of Finance-Performance-Strategy. He has co-authored multiple books in the domains of finance and public administration with publishers like Cambridge, Sage, Routledge and McGraw-Hill. He is an active case writer and researcher.
For Further information, please contact: publicrelations http://@iimraipur.ac.in
Read more: https://www.thecambaypost.com/
Raipur/Updated on: 07 March 2022