Modular design with 40% size reduction
Maximize resilience and uptime with self-diagnosis indicators and end-of-life notifications.
Improves equipment reliability and robustness by up to 90%
Schneider Electric, the leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, announces the release of new generation of TeSys Giga series Motor Starters.
The iconic TeSys Giga series has been reimagined with the latest smart digital innovations to deliver a simpler, more sustainable, safe and secure customer experience for panel builders, consulting engineers, system integrators, facility managers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) further building on proven reliability and high electrical durability.
With 56 patents under the belt, TeSys Giga series Motor Starters is designed to serve the needs of the process machinery, water and wastewater, metals, minerals and mining as well as various manufacturing and processing industries. It reduces engineering time and complexity, whilst improving machine reliability and driving down maintenance costs, reducing downtime through a number of unique benefits and features:
- Modular design: The unique set up enables easy replacement of spare parts, improving the reliability and robustness by up to 90% with up to 50% faster integration and commissioning time.
- Compact footprint: Compact design with 40% size reduction to enables optimal cabinet installation space.
- Self-diagnosis: Predictive maintenance can be achieved through contact wear diagnostic and coil over/under voltage detection. A unique calculation method provides a more precise status, significantly reducing the downtime and optimizing site operation with tips wear level indicator, coil under/over voltage indicator, internal fault indicator, and contactor open & close status indicator. This feature significantly maximizes resilience and uptime for an efficient site operation.
- Full-scale protection: Initial settings guarantee a safe customer journey when it comes to overload relay protection, including overload protection, ground fault protection, and phase imbalance protection, to guarantee a safer customer journey.
- QR Codes: Delivers technical documents, technical video guides, and counterfeit safeguards which improves customer experience.
- Highly reliable and ready for harsh environment: Improved auxiliary contacts (17V,1mA,10-8) enable better reliability in harsh environment and conform to high density PLC input applications
Rohan Kelkar, EVP Power Products Division at Schneider Electric said, “We are proud to continue delivering ground-breaking digital innovation addressing our customer’s most pressing needs. In today’s rapidly changing world, we strive to equip our customers and partners with solutions that enable full control over the safety and reliability of mission-critical operations, with the ability to detect and resolve faults at pace. Our goal is to enable a streamlined and optimized manufacturing process with safe, reliable, and integrated solutions. We are excited that machine builders and panel builders can now maximize efficiency with faster machine integration and enjoy a more solution-oriented service.”
“The need for sustainable products that empower operations, across industries, has predisposed the movement towards harnessing scalable solutions. Being cognizant of the utmost need for safety and security, Schneider Electric has brought in another revolutionary offering to transform product lifespan, boost the idea of a circular economy, and bolster end-to-end efficiency in customer experience. We are proud to be launching products from the trusted TeSys G line that will integrate next-gen technologies into rendering consistency in performance, optimal cost-efficiency and heightened security. Powered by EcoStruxure, TeSys G will let you build your complete motor control solution. It will offer protection and control of your motors and aide in your digital transformation journey,” said Nikhil Pathak, VP – Central Offer Marketing & BD, Schneider Electric India.